The Coleman Foundation Entrepreneurship Community of Practice ("Coffee Cup") is comprised of Fellows, Project Directors and others associated with the initiative who are aligned around the importance of advancing self-employment education in a broad array of academic disciplines. A visible aspect of Coffee Cup are 60-minute web-enabled gatherings of individuals associated with the program which take place each month, known as "Coffee Hours". These "meetings" are for the exchange of information on the program, sharing of progress and best practices and other elements which advance the growth of Coffee Cup.
The schedule of Coffee Hours for the 2012-2013 academic year follows (you can check the calendar here, too). Due to the introduction of the Cups of Espresso ("COE") micro-communities of practice, select Coffee Hours will be devoted to e-baristas and COE topics. Coffee Hours are open to attendance by all Fellows, Project Directors and e-baristas but participation is only required as noted below. It continues to be expected that Project Directors will gather their Fellows as a group on a monthly basis whether as part of Coffee Hours or separately to support their work and build community across campus.
Coffee Hour Schedule (all meetings via WebEx at 10:00 a.m. Central Time unless noted)
- October 19, 2012 -- E-barista Orientation -- (e-baristas and directors)
- November 1-3, 2012 -- CEO National Conference and COE Launch (Chicago, IL) -- (all fellows, directors and e-baristas)
- November 16, 2012 -- CEO and COE debrief -- (e-baristas and directors)
- December 14, 2012 -- Program Check-in and interim report requirements -- (directors only)
- January 18, 2013 -- Program Check-in -- (all fellows, directors and e-baristas)
- February 15, 2013 -- Campus Updates -- (directors only)
- March 15, 2013 -- Cups of Espresso Updates -- (directors and e-baristas)
- April 19, 2013 -- Program Closeout -- (all fellows, directors and e-baristas)
- May 3, 2013 -- Final report requirements -- (directors only)